Benefits of BHRT Q&A
Bioidentical hormone therapy can offer many benefits including boosting energy and restoring sexual function. Read on to find out more about BHRT at The OB-Gyn and Incontinence Center and how Dr. Prema Kothandaraman, MD can benefit you! Call us or book an appointment online today. We have convenient locations to serve you.
Table of Contents:
Hormones, the chemical messengers that are produced by the endocrine system, are crucial to the proper functioning of the human body. They control a wide variety of functions, including sexual function, metabolism, and muscle growth. Hormones are produced in glands, which are specialized tissues that secrete hormones into the bloodstream. Some of the glands that produce hormones are the thyroid gland, the pituitary gland, the testicles and ovaries, and the pancreas. Hormonal imbalances occur when there is an abnormality in the production of hormones or the delivery of hormones to tissues. Hormonal imbalances can cause a wide range of symptoms, which commonly include mood changes, weight gain or loss, and fatigue. Hormone replacement therapy is a method of treating hormonal imbalances that involves the use of hormones to replace those that the body is no longer producing in sufficient quantities.
Bio-identical hormone replacement therapy is a type of hormone therapy that uses hormones that are chemically identical to those that are produced in the body. It is often used as a way of treating menopause and other hormonal conditions related to the endocrine system. It is sometimes also referred to as natural hormone therapy or natural hormone replacement; this is to distinguish it from other types of hormone replacement therapy, such as conventional hormone replacement therapy, which uses synthetic forms of hormones.
Bio-identical hormone replacement therapy provides a long list of incredible advantages from which a wide variety of people can benefit. These include:
• Boosted Energy Levels — For both men and women, a reduction in the levels of progesterone, DHEA, and testosterone can cause feelings of extreme fatigue, leading to reduced energy levels at all times of the day; as a result, their day-to-day life can be negatively impacted.
• Improved Sex Drive — Both men and women can experience an improved sex drive as BHRT restores the level of hormones within the body. After undergoing BHRT, patients often describe an increase in libido and a more satisfying experience with their partner.
• Improved Quality of Sleep — For people who are suffering from decreased levels of certain hormones, it is common to experience hot flashes, particularly at night when trying to sleep. After undergoing BHRT, patients report a significant decrease in these symptoms, leading to a better quality of sleep; this also leads to higher energy levels and a general feeling of improved wellness and balance.
Some benefits are exclusive to women, including:
• Reduced Vaginal Dryness — As menopause takes hold, women can often be affected by vaginal atrophy, a condition characterized by symptoms such as vaginal dryness, painful intercourse, itching, and discomfort. BHRT can be used to increase levels of estrogen, which increases overall vaginal comfort including easing pain during sex.
• Prevents Hot Flashes — Due to fluctuating hormone levels, women often experience hot flashes during menopause. BHRT can decrease the frequency of hot flashes, often completely preventing these episodes from occurring.
Most women who are experiencing severe menopausal symptoms are ideal candidates for bio-identical hormone replacement therapy. However, BHRT is more than a fix for hot flashes and night sweats, and can also be used to improve cognitive function, increase energy levels, and enhance libido (sex drive). BHRT can treat the following conditions:
• Premenstrual Syndrome
• Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS)
• Adrenal Dysfunctions/Adrenal Fatigue/Adrenal Insufficiency
If you are looking for bio-identical hormone replacement therapy in or around Arcadia, CA, come to The OB-Gyn and Incontinence Center today. Dr. Prema Kothandaraman’s team of women’s health specialists is experienced in BHRT and can help you manage your symptoms and live a better quality of life. The OB-Gyn and Incontinence Center is dedicated to providing you with all of your bio-identical hormone replacement therapy needs. For more information, call or book an appointment online with our bio-identical hormone replacement therapy treatment specialist, or visit our clinic. We have convenient locations to serve you. We look forward to serving you! We serve patients from Arcadia CA, West Covina CA, Glendale CA, Whittier CA, Pasadena CA, Alhambra CA, and Baldwin Park CA.