Urogynecologist in Arcadia, and Glendale, CA
If you are in search of a doctor who specializes in treating women’s health issues which may include pregnancy, period-related problems, fertility issues, menopause among others, then call us today or book an appointment online. We have convenient locations to serve you.
Table of Contents:
What conditions does OB-GYN & Incontinence Center provide for Urogynecology?
What are the benefits of seeing a urogynecologist?
When should I see a urogynecologist?
Is urology the same as urogynecology?
The OB-GYN & Incontinence Center provides a variety of services for the following conditions:
• Urinary incontinence – loss of bladder control
• Pelvic organ prolapses – drooping of any of the pelvic floor organs
• Painful bladder – issues with your bladder which is causing pain
• Urinary tract infection – infection in any area of the urinary system
• Genitourinary syndrome of menopause – deficiency symptoms in the genitourinary tract
• Female sexual dysfunction – lack of sexual interest or the willingness to be sexual
• Urinary retention – bladder does not completely empty when you urinate
• Vaginal laxity and prolapse – the sensation of vaginal looseness
• Postpartum pelvic floor problems – urinary tract and fecal incontinence
• Minimally invasive pelvic surgery for incontinence – surgery to correct urinary and fecal incontinence
• Bladder prolapse repair – rebuilding the walls of the bladder to eliminate leakage
• Rectal prolapse repair – repair the rectal prolapse
• Vaginal hysterectomy – minimally invasive surgery that removes the uterus through the vagina
• Urgent PC – low-risk treatment option for an overactive bladder
Many women go through a lot of different body changes as they age, get pregnant, give birth, and enter menopause. If you have pelvic floor disorders, the best choice for medical care in regards to that is a urogynecologist like Dr. Prema Kothandaraman at The OB-GYN & Incontinence Centre. Problems begin to arise when the muscles in the pelvic floor region become weak or there are tears in the connective tissues. Some of the causes of pelvic floor disorders include:
• Strain on the pelvic due to childbirth
• Repetitive strenuous activity
• Chronic disease
• Pelvic surgery
• Repetitive heavy lifting
• Tobacco use
• Genetics or family health history
Pelvic floor problems can arise whenever, but normally occur as we age, through pregnancy, childbirth, or menopause; however, those are not the only reasons pelvic floor problems can occur. Pelvic floor issues can often cause severe pain, bloating, and urine or fecal leakage. These issues can be quite embarrassing if they occur out in public, let alone having to talk about to someone, but they can lead to more serious health concerns if they are left untreated.
It is time to see our urogynecologist Dr. Prema Kothandaraman at The OB-GYN & Incontinence Centre if you:
• Have vaginal bulging or something that is coming out of the vagina
• Feeling of fullness or aching in the vaginal region that is worse at the end of the day or during a routine movement
• Have trouble peeing or completely emptying the bladder
• Leak pee or feces
• Have to frequently and urgently urinate
• Have frequent urinary tract infections
• Feel pain during sexual intercourse
• Have pelvic pain
Many patients usually visit their family or primary care doctor before getting a referral to a specialist clinic like ours, however with The OB-GYN & Incontinence Centre, you can easily self-refer yourself to our clinic. Call us ahead of time or simply book an appointment online through our online scheduler app.
Be sure to provide as much detail as possible about the circumstances surrounding your pelvic floor problems.
Both offer specialties in relation to the same anatomical area. A urogynecologist is an OB-GYN by medical training who has undergone more training after they finished their residency. The two fields complement themselves and work well when in a clinic together.
Urologists often treat urinary tract infections (UTIs), incontinence, cancer, male infertility, and much more. Urogynecologists often see women and focus their training on symptoms in relation to urinary incontinence, prolapse, and pelvic floor disorders.
While a gynecologist treats women’s health issues on a daily, this may include pregnancy, period-related problems, fertility issues, menopause among others.
Interested in our services? Contact us today! For more information call us today or book an appointment online. We have convenient locations to serve you. We serve patients from Arcadia CA, West Covina CA, Glendale CA, Whittier CA, Pasadena CA, Alhambra CA, and Baldwin Park CA.
Additional Services You May Need
▸ Minimally Invasive Gynecology
▸ Monalisa & Medical Aesthetics
▸ Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy
▸ Urinary Incontinence
▸ Pelvic Organ Prolapse
▸ Painful Bladder
▸ Urinary Tract Infection
▸ Genitourinary Syndrome of Menopause
▸ Female Sexual Dysfunction
▸ Urinary Retention
▸ Vaginal Laxity & Prolapse
▸ Postpartum Pelvic Floor Problems
▸ Bladder Prolapse Repair
▸ Vaginal Hysterectomy
▸ Urgent PC
▸ Excessive Bleeding
▸ Pelvic Pain
▸ Birth Control & IUD
▸ Vaginal & Pelvic Infection
▸ Monalisa Touch
▸ Biote Pellet Therapy
▸ Topical BHRT
▸ Rectal Prolapse Repair
▸ Tempsure ENVI
▸ Minimally Invasive Pelvic Surgery for Incontinence