Monalisa Touch Specialist Q&A
Monalisa Touch treatment offers to rejuvenate the vagina while tightening it and treating any medical conditions and issues that may have come with age, childbirth and menopause. Contact us today to learn more. For more information call us today or book an appointment online. We have convenient locations to serve you.
Table of Contents:
The MonaLisa Touch by Cynosure is a medical device that delivers a type of therapy known as fractional CO2 (which is carbon dioxide) laser energy to the soft tissues of your vagina.
This gentle yet effective laser treatment regenerates your vaginal tissue safely while providing you with a hormone-free, medication-free solution to treat a wide range of pelvic health conditions.
As women age, their estrogen levels will decrease after menopause, causing your vaginal tissue to become drier, thinner and can even cause it to become inflamed, which can lead to burning, itching, discomfort and sometimes bleeding, this is called vaginal atrophy. If you have vaginal atrophy, you may experience the following:
• Painful intercourse
• Vaginal discomfort and bleeding
• Frequent urinary tract infections
• Stress Urinary Incontinence (which is when leakage happens due to stress)
• Lichen sclerosis (which is a common postmenopausal skin condition)
• Frequent urinary tract infections
A treatment package with our MonaLisa Touch machine can help reverse many of these conditions as well as others that are related to menopause-related vaginal atrophy. However, if you have not been through menopause yet and are interested in our treatment, it can help tighten stretched vaginal tissue (which is known as vaginal laxity) that can often result after childbirth.
Every female has some sort of vaginal experience that they can attest too, from childbirth to aging, all of which can cause loss of vaginal muscle tone, which can then lead to problematic symptoms including urinary incontinence, vaginal dryness etc.
MonaLisa Touch offers vaginal rejuvenation with a non-invasive aspect that goes far beyond just the one benefit of improved sexual satisfaction (that is a pretty great benefit too) Some more excellent reasons why you should think about getting a MonaLisa Touch treatment from The OB-GYN & Incontinence Center:
• Increases your sexual experience as well as your partners
• Restores vaginal tightness and functionality
• MonaLisa Touch is able to treat a wide range of issues and medical conditions that can be caused by the weakened vaginal tissues
• Immediately resume regular activities (with the exception of sex, which we highly recommend waiting on for at least 2 to 3 days after your treatment)
• Improves your self-esteem and quality of life immensely
• MonaLisa Touch can be customized to each individual patient and their specific needs
You would be a great candidate for the Monalisa Touch if you:
1. Are a female who suffers from vaginal atrophy which may include symptoms of inflammation, dryness, itching and vaginal discomfort
2. Post-menopausal females who may have experienced pain during and after intercourse
3. Breast cancer survivors who may have decreased estrogen in their bodies due to their chemotherapy sessions
4. Females who have previously undergone a hysterectomy surgery
During a treatment of MonaLisa Touch with The OB-GYN & Incontinence Center, your treatment will be quite simple. A small probe is inserted into the vagina which will deliver gentle laser energy to your vaginal wall tissues which helps with any vaginal atrophy as well as tighten any stretched vaginal tissue.
This laser energy stimulates your vagina tissues to form new blood vessels and increase the natural production of collagen and elastin, two proteins that often contribute to the strengthening and elasticity of the vaginal tissues.
The total time of the treatment is approximately 5 minutes long. The prep and information are what takes the longest. After your treatment is completed, you can return to your normal activities, we highly recommend that you do refrain from sexual intercourse for at least two to three days after your treatment.
Normally, women will buy a package as they will need three treatments spaced out six weeks apart to see the full potential of the MonaLisa Touch treatment.
The entire treatment lasts a total of 5 minutes. If you are interested in the MonaLisa Touch treatment, contact The OB-GYN & Incontinence Center today, we are more than happy to answer any questions you may have in regards to this medical aesthetic service. You can call us or book an appointment online. We have convenient locations to serve you. We serve patients from Arcadia CA, West Covina CA, Glendale CA, Whittier CA, Pasadena CA, Alhambra CA, and Baldwin Park CA.